ICSI ( IntraCytoplasmic Sperm Injection )
lCSI is the injection of a single sperm directly into the cytoplasm of the egg.
Who requires ICSI?
Patient who have low sperm count, very poor motility or a high percentage (greater than 95% of sperm with “abnormal” shape (morphology).
ICSI is the only hope for the patient-
- Who do not ejaculate any sperm (cryptozoospermia).
- Who for various reasons have problems obtaining an erection and ejaculation?
- Men with spinal cord injuries, Hodgkin’s, diabetes and other medical problem.
- Men with obstructive azoospermia, congenital absence of the vas-deferens.
- Patient who have low sperm count, very poor motility or a high percentage (greater than 95%) of sperm with “abnormal” shape (morphology).
Steps involved in ICSI
- Women is stimulated for follicle production and egg recovery as in IVF.
- Single sperm is selected from the semen or directly from the testis/epididymis by TESA/PESA.
- This single sperm is injected into cytoplasm of egg and are left for fertilization in an incubator as in IVF
- Transfer of embryo to the uterus occurs in the same routine manner as that for IVF. ICSI can be used for all types of sperm problems-even those with extreme condition.
Chances of success
The success rate of IVF-ICSI treatment in our centre & other best centres all over the world is about 35-40%
4 based on votes
ICSI Treatment centre in Delhi, ICSI Specialist India, Leading Fertility Clinic in Delhi
Akanksha IVF Centre (Dr. K.D. Nayar),
Mata Chanan Devi Hospital, C-1, Janakpuri, New Delhi, India – 110058
ICSI Infertility Treatment – Akanksha IVF Centre is one the best ICSI clinic in Delhi NCR that provides the post possible solutions and treatment for Akanksha IVF Infertility.