Q3. How is IVF Done?
The various steps involved in IVF Procedure are:
- Multiple eggs are produced through daily for hormonal injection for 8-12 days
- The response is then monitored through serial Ultrasounds and Blood tests
- Eggs are retrieved with the help of a needle under local / general anesthesia
- Then the collected eggs and women’s husband’s sperms are mixed outside the woman’s body in a culture dish or a test tube which is then placed carefully for fertilization in an incubator
- Transfer of resulting embryo(s) into the uterus of the woman on D2/D5
- A blood test is performed 2 weeks later to check the establishment of pregnancy
If the treatment is successful, one or more embryos will be implanted in the uterus and the pregnancy will result, just as it happens in the natural process of conception.